Re: [edlug] Shell Script Problem

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Robert McLay wrote:

<
<
<  Hi Guys,
<
<  I've been working on a shell script to use the newly released Linux
<  binary of Ghost.  Part this is a small script I can pass to the new
<  trainees to image a system based on a keypress.
<
<  I have the code
<
<  if [ "$result" == "D" ]
<   then
<   session=dellgx280
<  fi
<
<  Which I would like to compress into a single line to clarify the
<  script.  How would I achieve this...?

[ "$result" == "D" ] && session=dellgx280

works because [ ] returns an exit code.

Leo

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.