Re: Reply-to-All (was Re: [Fwd: RE: [edlug] Facebook group against Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill])

Hello

DM I would prefer mailing lists to be configured so that the originators
DM email address was excluded from the message headers altogether, leaving
DM only the address of the list exposed.

DM There is a privacy issue too.  If I google myself I turn up all sorts
DM of not terribly edifying posts on various subjects which have been
DM archived by mailing lists over the years.

These are pretty good arguments. Having ReplyTo set to the list would save
me one key stroke in (al)pine, which is why I haven't bothered to weigh in
yet. Although, if I was setting up a list, I would set it to reply to the
list.

But privacy and protection from spammers seem like better reasons for a
change than the counter argument that the current set up protects people
from mistakenly sending a private message to everyone.

Maybe Peter Mandelson will outlaw ReplyTo lists along with everything
else, and solve all out problems.

Swithun.