Re: Reply-to-All (was Re: [Fwd: RE: [edlug] Facebook group against Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill])

On 27/11/09 22:32, Bryan Ross wrote:
IMHO, which ever is most
common for the most number people should be the default behaviour.
Not picking on you personally, but you wrote a clear statement which I disagree with. The *safest* thing should be default and that is to have the reply go to the original poster only. If you post to the original poster only when you'd intended to post to the list, no major harm done. If you post to the list something intended solely for the original poster, that might be a bigger deal. Okay, on a list like EdLUG that concern may not be common, but I have had it happen to me elsewhere, when the "Reply" button didn't do what I expected it to do. Besides, as has been pointed out, many mail clients have separate "Reply" and "Reply to list" buttons. I even used one to compose this message :).

OK,
AndrewA