RE: [edlug] Facebook group against Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill

Just out of interest don't you think an official petition or something along
those lines might have more effect.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-edlug@xxx.xxx.xxx [mailto:owner-edlug@xxx.xxx.xxx] On
Behalf Of Philip Hunt
Sent: 21 November 2009 06:25
To: Edlug list
Subject: [edlug] Facebook group against Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill

I've just started a new facebook group: "I won't vote for any MP who
supports Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill". It's at
<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=181743172681>

The name is (I hope) self-explanatory. While Lord Mandelson wasn't
elected, all 646 MPs in the House of Commons were, and most of them
would like to keep on being MPs. We're lucky in the timing of this,
because there has to be a general election within the next 8 months.
There are roughly 7 million filesharers in the UK; if we all make our
voice heard, they have to care what we think, at least until the
election is over.

If you're on facebook, may I suggest you join the group, invite all
your friends to join, and publicise it on your blog or website.

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat@xxx.xxx.xxx>
Campaigns Officer, Pirate Party UK