Re: [edlug] Is a USB drive mounted

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 at 18:59, A Smith wrote:
> but I've  found  that due to my USB hub being under-powered, devices are
> being unmounted when a new one is plugged in, yet they still show on the
> aforementioned commands!

Wow! So they're just being removed from the system due to lack of power? I
wouldn't trust those mounts at all then.

Maybe a combination of "does it show in /proc/mounts" AND "does the device
still show up in 'lsusb'?" can help? Instead of using lsusb,
/proc/bus/usb could be used as well (if usbfs is mounted there).

C.
--
BOFH excuse #197:

I'm sorry a pentium won't do, you need an SGI to connect with us.