[edlug] Is a USB drive mounted

With Linux, what is the most accurate way of determining if a drive is mounted. My shell script was grepping  for the path being in the output of du -h or mount
but I've  found  that due to my USB hub being under-powered, devices are being unmounted when a new one is plugged in, yet they still show on the aforementioned commands!  /var/log/messages shows  the one I'm interested in was disconnected. I suspect  something in /proc must tell the true story.
--
Andrew