Re: [edlug] Ubuntu 9.04 Wireless/WPA

On Tuesday 17 Nov 2009 14:24:31 Paul McClung wrote:
> Hi can anyone give me a quick guide to setting up my wireless card at the
> terminal (machine has no xserver)to work with WPA on my router.

Hi Paul,

Assuming that you have the correct kernel module for your card, and that you
can address it with ifcinfig and iwconfig, then you will need wpa_supplicant.
Confusingly, the package is called "wpasupplicant"

The command line options for wpa_supplicant and the syntax of the configuration
file are well documented. Post again if you have trouble setting it up.

Anand