Re: [edlug] X cut/paste

A Smith wrote:
Since I upgraded to Ubuntu 9.1, a couple of weeks ago, apart from having no sound, I've also had to revert to Ctrl+c to cut text from one app, to ctrl+v to paste, rather than highlighting and using the mouse middle button. Is this a configuration problem or another bug ? The Linux/X way has always been superior to the Windows way.

Try echo 'gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"' > ~/.gtkrc-2.0

(or edit ~/.gtkrc-2.0 to add that line).

It works for Firefox, not sure about other apps.

Dick