Re: [edlug] Doze free netbook

Graeme Gregory writes:
 > On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 10:26:48AM +0000, Iain A F Fleming wrote:
 > >
 > > Graeme Gregory writes:
 > >  >
 > >  > Heh, your obviously delaying the upgrade to Karmic disaster :-D
 > >
 > > I just upgraded my VIA Nehemiah based jukebox machine to Karmic, from
 > > Jaunty 9.04, and it went without a single hitch, and is now running as
 > > well as ever.
 >
 > I dont think thats comparable, it seems for a lot of desktops and
 > certainly netbooks they fscked up big time.

Why is it not comparable? The jukebox has everything a desktop machine
has - graphics, sounds, CD player, etc. It's just in a small box!

Incidentally, my Atom based box also just completed upgrade, and it's
also working fine.

Perhaps the fact that I use Xunbuntu has made things better?

--
You can't drink all day if you don't start first thing in the morning