Re: [edlug] Doze free netbook

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 10:26:48AM +0000, Iain A F Fleming wrote:

> Graeme Gregory writes:
>  >
>  > Heh, your obviously delaying the upgrade to Karmic disaster :-D
>
> I just upgraded my VIA Nehemiah based jukebox machine to Karmic, from
> Jaunty 9.04, and it went without a single hitch, and is now running as
> well as ever.

I dont think thats comparable, it seems for a lot of desktops and
certainly netbooks they fscked up big time. Ive now totally lost
the ability to suspend/hibernate :-( Also because I have encrypted
home I get stupid error messages and boot is frozen until I hit
Esc key. I finally fixed gnome desktop by doing rm -rf .g* which
is really fscking stupid. And they dont even give you a working
jabber gtk+ client :-(

Graeme