Re: [edlug] RedHat kernel versions

Hi,

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 15:28, Ross Macintyre wrote:
> I'm a bit confused about the updated kernels that Redhat supplies.
> For example they've just released these for RedHat 8.0:
> 2.4.18-27.8.0 (on Monday)
> 2.4.20-18.8(on Tuesday)

It's a bit complicated --- the Monday push did not not include any i386
kernels at all.  It was just an update to an existing errata to add the
same fixes for ia64, backported to the last ia64 kernel for Red Hat
7.2.  The errata page at

        https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2003-098.html

shows all --- the x86 kernels listed there have all been superceded by
the Tuesday push of 2.4.20-18.*, but the ia64 kernels are still valid.

You just need to pay a lot of attention to the fine print in the
advisory notices when an old advisory gets updated. :-)

Cheers,
 Stephen