Re: [edlug] Congrats on Install Day! And a question about compactflash

Hi Harry,

I just bought a Zaurus a week or so ago (an even more
archaic SL-5000D), trust me you'd be doing well to
invest in a memory card reader for trying out new
ROMs, or indeed modifying them to your tastes, you
should easily pick one up for under a tenner. In the
week I've had mine (and I stress I'm NOT a proper
Linux head) I've had four different ROMs on it to try
- the 5500 has a bigger selection than the 5000 tho -
more memory y'see. Cacko seems to be about the most
robust for mine from the little collection of ROMs my
Z's last owner gave me.

Other idea: I picked up a brand new CF 802.11b card
(Netgear MA701 - works out of the box with the Z) on
eBay for around twenty quid, and got the Z talking to
my main box and laptop, so I suppose if you're
wirelessed up you could get the ROM from another
machine (or indeed from the net), dump it in the Z or
on the SD card, then copy it onto your CF card.

It's all good fun -  I'm off to figure out how I can
convince my other half to allow me to buy a C3100 now!

Ron