RE: [edlug] Killer Questions for Microsoft

It's great to hear that another UK government department has become web standards compliant.

So this was not a 'killer question for Microsoft' at last weeks debate either. I don't think any of the audience questions were 'killer' for either the IBM or Microsoft representative on the night, and on balance the Microsoft rep handled the audience questions better.

I wonder what the questions we would have liked to have asked are?

Mine is;

"I help manage a small company with 15 workstations and 5 customer/internal facing servers. I already use Linux of various distributions for my server activities. How is upgrading by 15 units of workstation hardware, plus Microsoft Windows XP and Office 2003 at approx £25k cap ex a more viable business proposition than staying with the same hardware and upgrading to say Novell/SuSE 9.1 at approx £1500 cap ex?"

+

"Tell us more about IBM's rumoured plans to support Novell/SuSE Linux on the enterprise desktop."