Re: [edlug] Killer Questions for Microsoft

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:32:17 +0000
Andrew Veitch <andrew@xxx.xxx.xxx> wrote:

> Microsoft were paid 25 million pounds of taxpayers' cash to develop a
> government gateway but contrary to the e-Envoy's guidance it only allows
> Internet Explorer users to access government services. When will I as a
> non-Microsoft user be allowed to submit my tax return online or
> alternatively when will Microsoft refund the 25 million quid?

	I managed to submit a tax return using Galeon/Mozilla.
>From the Inland Revenue help page :

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/menus/help-technical.htm
===
Q. Which browsers can I use to access this website?

A. We recommend the following minimum browser and operating system combinations:

    * For Windows PC: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01, Netscape Navigator 6.2.2, and Opera 6.01.
    * For Macintosh: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.1, Netscape Navigator 6.2.2.
    * For Linux: Netscape Navigator 6.2.2.
    * For users with disabilities the following are recommended: For Windows PC: Jaws 3.7. Lynx 2.8.3.
===

  It looks like they have that problem sorted now.

--
Patrick A. Wallace, paw [at] rsc [dot] co [dot] uk
Bad things happen when doctors say "Wow!"