[edlug] still problems with UML and networking

Hi all,
I am still somewhat puzzled with UML and networking. I guess I should
expand on what I want to do:

internet<---->firewall<------>various computers
                  |       |
                  |       |-->internal server
                  |-->external server

my idea is to have the external server running in a UML session on the
internal server. The internal server has two network cards (like the
firewall). I want to bind the 2nd NIC on the internal server to the UML
session. As I gather I need to create an ethernet bridge and use the
tuntap driver for UML. However it does not work.
Has anyone done this before?