Re: [edlug] Big blue v Big poo

> Generally speaking both systems have, in practice, had near identical
>  security.  It's the applications on both sides which have had exploits.

I always thought that one of the strengths of Linux/Xnixes is itheir
multi-user nature which is fundamental to preventing the applications from
being over-malicious. I find it bizarre how much chaos an outlook macro can
wreak. Would you say that's an application problem? It's the application
that's been exploited, for sure, but shouldn't the OS/kernel or whatever be
able to protect it's own integrity?

Leo