Re: [edlug] Sun Java OS

 wrote:

> Has anyone had a play with Sun's "Java OS" yet?
> From what I read it
> seems to be OpenOffice.org + Mozilla + Evolution in
> a Gnome desktop on a
> Linux kernel.

I got it off the Linux Format DVD; built a CD with no
trouble. You're right; it is our old friends dressed
up in some fancy artwork, with Sun and Java logos
everywhere.
Best thing about it, I thought, was an edition of the
Java plugin which goes with _recent_ versions of
Mozilla; this being a sore point for us
bandwidth-paupers.

=====
D.J.Griffiths