Re: [edlug] Advocacy

I am very much into free software advocacy, so I am interested in following any efforts in Edinburgh.

Name could be FLOSSE

Free/Libre Open Source Software Edinburgh

Which does not exclude people who are more into one of two movements: Free Software or Open Source which while do similar things emphasis different aspects.

Maybe we should build to do some outreach on Software Freedom Day:

though there are opputunities before.

I am pleased SuSE have made there installer/ config/ package management tool: YAST free software

I used to be wary of reccommending SuSE so not to move people from proprietary lockin to another abet not so all consuming. But now I can and SuSE is a good looking ditro.