Re: [edlug] EU Forcing Microsoft to Open Source?

> "Mr Monti has ordered Microsoft to reveal details of its Windows software
> codes within 120 days, to make it easier for rivals to design compatible
> products. "
>
> Just to check my understanding here, does this mean that Windows source code
> will be viewable like Linux?

This is the first stage in an elaborate dance. Microsoft have rights of
appeal which they are certain to take so no order will take force for years.
Typically 4 or 5.

I think there's a good chance that the market will have punished Microsoft
by going elsewhere well before the government does.