Re: [edlug] Tarballs ?

Thanks to all who pointed out that I needed to add -f to the options. I have now completed the installation of Mozilla 1.7b.

Justin B Rye wrote:

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 05:08:06PM +0000, Andrew Ramage wrote:

How do you uncrompress .tar.gz files ? I am trying to use tar -xvz but the machine seems to freeze and do nothing. Hitting Ctrl-Z and typing ps shows tar and gzip to be running, but other than that the machine just sits there ...

Quicker posters will already have said: tar xzf tarball.tgz
But if the contents are just text you can read them inside the
tarball with some pager setups (zcat+less, lesspipe, most).

--

Andrew

Quos deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Euripides, from Lycurgus (9th C BC)