Re: [edlug] DVD RW disks for backup - advice

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 20:38, asmith@xxx.xxx.xxx wrote:
> I'm considering buying buying a DVD writer and using RW disks for an overnight
> backup using cron and a script.
>
> I'm fine with mkisofs and cdrecord for CD-RW disks.
> What packages do I need for DVDs ?
>
> Should I get a drive capable of packet writing ?

Packet writing is only supported under Linux via additional patches, but
it's there if you want to play with it.  You don't need it to take
advantage of basic DVD-RW.

dvdrecord and dvd+rw-tools are the Fedora packages that support dvd
recording, and they work just fine for me.

--Stephen