From: "A. Zelter" <azelter@xxx.xxx.xxx>
To: asmith@xxx.xxx.xxx
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:56:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [edlug] DVD RW disks for backup - advice

Wouldn't software RAID be cheaper and easyer and better than a DVD every night?

Cheers,

Alex

I'm considering buying buying a DVD writer and using RW disks for an overnight
backup using cron and a script.

I'm fine with mkisofs and cdrecord for CD-RW disks.
What packages do I need for DVDs ?

Should I get a drive capable of packet writing ?

--

Andrew