Re: [edlug] Open Source Public Consultation Exercise

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 10:27, Gordon Guthrie, BTP, BT, SE wrote:
> Folks
>
> The e-Envoy has released version 2.0 of the consultation paper 'Open Source
> Software - Use Within UK Government'.
>
> http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/policydocs/consult_subject_document.asp?docnum=86
>1
> <http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/policydocs/consult_subject_document.asp?docnum=8
>6 1>   (This is a lame link that will rot in the medium term)
>
> The public consultation ends in 11th June 2004.
>
> Do we think Edlug should make a formal submission? (Do we exist formally
> enough to make a submission? Welcome to Constitution Hell...)
>
> Gordon
----------------------8<---------------------------

IMHO we really should get involved with this. My suggestion is that any who
are interested in participating, say so on the list. Participating EdLUG
members form a subgroup "The EdLUG CISAG Consultation Group". This subgroup
can then be formally constituted, with defined membership, committee etc. to
be decided by the participants. Subgroup members communicate off-list with
each other. A designated member of the subgroup posts a monthly update to the
EdLUG list.

Communications of the subgroup with the outside world would be as "The EdLUG
CISAG Consultation Group" (or any alternative name with a clever acronym),
but not as "EdLUG".

I hereby express my interest in participating.

Anand