[edlug] Open Source Public Consultation Exercise

Folks

The e-Envoy has released version 2.0 of the consultation paper 'Open Source
Software - Use Within UK Government'.

http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/policydocs/consult_subject_document.asp?docnum=861
<http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/policydocs/consult_subject_document.asp?docnum=86
1>   (This is a lame link that will rot in the medium term)

The public consultation ends in 11th June 2004.

Do we think Edlug should make a formal submission? (Do we exist formally
enough to make a submission? Welcome to Constitution Hell...)

Gordon

*****Notes*******

1	The consultation paper contains links to important chunks of work
like the e-Gif standards.

2	Technically the work of the Office of the e-Envoy is a devolved
matter. The Scottish version is CISAG (Common Infrastructure Standards
Advisory Group) which was created by the 21st Century Government Unit of the
Scottish Executive.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/about/FCSD/21stCG/00018788/page236770926.aspx
<http://www.scotland.gov.uk/about/FCSD/21stCG/00018788/page236770926.aspx>

The CISAG is working on a Scottish version of e-GIF Part 1 and reuses a lot
of the technical standards.

There is not yet a CISAG web site or open consultation process

Scottish Enterprise Network
http://www.scottish-enterprise.com

Address & Contact Numbers

150 Broomielaw
5 Atlantic Quay
Glasgow
G2 8LU.
Tel:  +44 (0)141 248 2700.
Fax:  +44 (0)141 221 3217

message is sent in confidence for the addressee only.