Re: [edlug] SuSE updates

If you fire up YOU it will tell you which updates to get... Then on the SuSE site you use the rpms available in:

ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/8.1/rpms/

Then choose an architecture... ie. 586? for a modernish machine...

Alternatively use a mirror closer to you.

Once downloaded you can either just install them with

rpm -Uvh *.rpm

to update verbosly and display a progress bar all rpm files in the current directory.

I think you should be able to point YOU at a directory with them in, if you want to do that. After they are installed YOU will recognize them which ever method you used.

me