RE: [edlug] Is Open Source a Viable Business Alternative?

VM stands for virtual machine

http://www.vm.ibm.com/overview/

It is the low level virtualisation layer in which the 'actual' operating
system (or concurrent operating systems) runs in Big Iron land.

So back in the day when I was a mainframe programme my target architecture
was VM/MVS. However the support machines were a big Honeywell Multics and
the confusingly named VMS on the Vax platform...

Gordon

Currently sitting in a service station just off the Memory Motorway ;-(

Scottish Enterprise Network
http://www.scottish-enterprise.com

Address & Contact Numbers

150 Broomielaw
5 Atlantic Quay
Glasgow
G2 8LU.
Tel:  +44 (0)141 248 2700.
Fax:  +44 (0)141 221 3217

message is sent in confidence for the addressee only.