[edlug] Perl - Only run n instances of script?

Anyone got a quick way of limiting/locking a script so that it can
only be run, for example, 4 times concurrently? Any other runs of the
script would block until a "slot" was available.

Obviously if "n" was 1 then I could use flock(). I know I can use
SysV::Semaphore, but I'm sure there's something nicer! I really don't
want to have to work my way through that horrid syntax again...

Thanks, L.