Re: [edlug] Is Open Source a Viable Business Alternative?

Peter George wrote:

I thought list members would be interested in this forthcoming free debate, and I quote;

"ScotlandIS with generous support from Melville Craig, presents software's liveliest debate 'Is Open Source a Viable Business Alternative?'

Thursday, 25th March 2003, 5.30PM-8.00PM
The Merchants' Hall, 22 Hanover Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2EP

- snip -

Thanks for the note.

It does look very interesting, as a possible "Clash of the Titans".

I'm quite amused that IBM has now become the goodie, the champion of sweetness and light. I remember when it was the arch-baddie and heart of darkness, only 20 years ago.