Re: [edlug] Samba problem

Thanks for the help, a smidgeon of progress.

I added

192.168.0.123 zerofive.mshome.net zerofive

to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

and can now ping zerofive successfully.

I also turned on WINS in the TCP/IP settings (giving it the IP
number of the Linux box).

Now I get the error 'No service is operating at the destination
network endpoint on the remote system'.

Still nothing in the samba logs.

ps aux shows smbd and nmbd (2 of those).

Then I added the extra global configs

  os level = 33
  name resolve order = lmhosts host bcast wins
  dns proxy = no

but no change.

Any more hints? I guess I'll have to get into the XP logs.

Cheers,

d.

--
Dr. David R. Baird