Re: [edlug] Failing hdd and mystery crash

    > That doesn't make any sense; after all e2fsck just calls "badblocks"
    > itself.

Oh, sorry.  I wasn't aware e2fsck called badblocks.

On the other hand, the distinction I made makes perfect sense.
Checking file-system on-disk structures for consistency is different
from checking the health of a disk partition.  Doing the first
(without something like -c) might expose some errors in the second,
but if it doesn't, it doesn't follow the partition's healthy.

Hank