Re: [edlug] Postfix forwarding ..

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 05:11:39PM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:

>   I want to be able to look at the recipient(s)
>  of incoming mail, and forward it to one of two
>  internal mail servers - bouncing all messages
>  which aren't explicitly allowd.
>   For example I wish to have a mapfile like
>  this:
>    user1@xxx.xxx.xxx  -> internal server 1
>    user2@xxx.xxx.xxx  -> internal server 2
>   user3@xxx.xxx.xxx isn't explicitly mentioned
>  anywhere so it should just be bounced back
>  to the sender.

I think Postfix can only do SMTP routing by domain. You might need to
configure a couple of internal domains just for routing the mail.

e.g. in an aliases or virtual map:

user1@xxx.xxx.xxx -> user1@xxx.xxx.xxx
user2@xxx.xxx.xxx -> user2@xxx.xxx.xxx

then in the transport map:

alphaserver.domain.com -> smtp:<internal server 1>
betaserver.domain.com -> smtp:<internal server 2>

The internal mail servers would need to be reconfigured to accept mail for
the new domains.

Tim Hawes