	From: Lee Kindness [mailto:lkindness@xxx.xxx.xxx]
	Sent: Thu 04/03/2004 16:59
	To: Peter George
	Cc: Ed; edlug@xxx.xxx.xxx; Lee Kindness
	Subject: [edlug] Free Polling CGI's

	> [ can't quote due to incorrect msg encoding, don't ask how I viewed
	> it! ]

	Only allowing one vote from a single IP isn't the way forward
	though. For example all hosts at csl.co.uk appear to have the same IP
	and thus multiple members from these hosts wouldn't get a vote.

	Making use of the "X-Forwarded-For" HTTP header to differentiate
	between users with the "same IP" on different machines is a step
	forward. However I managed to bust this on the last poll by using my
	Linux box and a VMWare WinXP session running inside it (with a
	different IP)...

	Just pointing out the technicalities - not interested in the vote!!

	L.

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿØ¢çø§vØ^ÒÔf¢–)à–+-%ŠËZ·øm¶Ÿÿÿ0ýçeºè®î“ùb²ßßj¯á