Re: [edlug] Learning php5

Yes and yes.

I have been using for a few months and am developing a project in PHP5
for release when 5 is fully released.
Have had no stability problems running on SuSE 9.0 pro.

Lots of nice new features and much improved OO support.

Isaac

>>> "Ed" <epo1@xxx.xxx.xxx> 04/03/04 15:24:02 >>>

It's about time I delved inside PHP, my instinct is to start with php 5
as I have no mission critical application in mind. I'm used to using
beta software so it's RC status doesn't worry me, but ...

Is PHP5 basically stable? (they seem to think so)

Can it co-exist with php4? (that is probably an FAQ but I haven't
looked that far yet)

Ed

This message is from a UK law firm.  Its contents are confidential to
the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed.
If it has been received by you in error, it may not be disclosed to or
used by anyone other than the intended addressee, nor may it be copied
in any way.  If it is not intended for you please inform us,
immediately, then delete it from your system.  If the content is not
about the business of the firm then the message is not from the firm
nor is it sanctioned by the firm.
A list of our partners is available for inspection at our offices.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Member of Interlaw - an international association of independent law
firms in major world centres www.interlaw.org