Re: Re: [edlug] OT: Linux-Windows datastructure exchange C++

'neither I or anyone else was trying to be patronising'
Its not a problem, though someone else was clearly patronising
(presumably without even trying).  :-)

'not that there ever is any (Loss) on a tiny 5 PC LAN'

You're right I can't say that, let me re-phrase. I only have my own
empirical evidence (the system does tally the UDP datagrams), after many
months and 1,000,000 of datagrams we've yet to experience datagram loss
(within the pods LAN).

Of course there is nothing to guarantee physical connections from
becoming unreliable, say if the vehicle (which this pod is on) collides
with something (or vice versa). EM noise from the thrusters is also a
concern though the sea water should act as a dampener to this... and so,
the systems are tolerant to any  datagram loss that may ensue.

Cheers,
Paul.