Re: [edlug] Knoppix Demo 8pm thurs 4th Hollyrood

Peter G. Hancock wrote:

Stephen Johnson wrote (on Wed, 03 Mar 2004 at 14:24):

> I use Fedora on my main machine but have never got it talking to > USB hard drives (flash and HDD), something that Knoppix just > gets on with.

For flashdrives,

http://fedoranews.org/krishnan/tips/tip035.shtml

and thereabouts (other tips) is helpful.  Let me know if there's some
config setting you want.  Dunno re hdd.

Hank

That works okay but the drive is mounted read only for non-root users
and can only be unmounted as root.

Might it be because sudo ... didn't work and I had to su to root to set
it up?

S.

--
Stephen J. Johnson Ph.D. CBiol MIBiol
Institute of Infrastructure and Environment

"Thou shalt have a place also without the camp, where thou shalt go forth abroad: And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon: and it shall be when thou shalt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and thou shalt turn back, and cover that which cometh from you." - Deuteronomy 23:12-13