RE: [edlug] OT: Linux-Windows datastructure exchange C++

Its a pretty low power embedded system. The datastructures are sent over
a sub-sea acoustic modem so the packing is very important.

Trying to keep everything as lightweight as possible, I'm not sure if
corba/dcom/etc fits in. If it did then it would still have to support
the packing feature.

An Intel only architecture lead the project to assume little-endian data
only (not my decision). Non-Intel compatibly is not a concern.

Thanks,
Paul