[edlug] Port Scans

Hi all,

My machine is basically used as a desktop/personal PC not running ahy
internet-facing services. I am using SuSE 8.1 with security updates, and the
SuSE firewall to block all relevant ports.

During a recent period of heavy port scanning, I noted that the firewall was
accepting packages on TCP port 2134. I doubt that this has any significance,
but I can't find out what the port scanner wants with 2134.

Google leads me to any number of sites which tell me that Registered Port 2134
(TCP and UDP) is used by "Avenue". But I can't find anything to say what
"Avenue" is. A service? An exploit?

Does anyone know?

TIA

Anand