[edlug] MySql database backup

Subject: MySql database backup
Date: Wednesday 03 Mar 2004 10:21 pm
From: Paul McClung
To: edlug@xxx.xxx.xxx
Cc: paul@xxx.xxx.xxx

Hello all before i start askin my little question let me introduce my self my
name is Paul McClung and im a computing student who has been usin linux on
and off for a few years now but am not very good at it. Anyway im wandering
if anyone can help me with backing up several sql database that i created on
my server for several websites. Im new to sql and only managed to set them up
using commands from a redhat book however i now need to change my distro and
want to make a copy of these to go with the websites that i have already
backed up but have no idea where to start. I realise i am probably being a
bit to general here but if you tell me what info you need i will provide it.
Thanks and any help is much appreciated.