Re: [edlug] Failing hdd and mystery crash

... I've now seen the voice (face?) of doom in my logs:

Mar 2 19:13:57 xxx kernel: hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Mar 2 19:13:57 xxx kernel: hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }

This is sometimes accompanied by a 'chunk, kechunk' noise, and can happen during normal runtime (ie not just at startup). I've now opened it up and made sure the cables are secure; no kechunks yet.

I was wondering what I could do that would stress test it enough to cause the problem to appear again? I was thinking of some sort of recursive find that would have a peek in each file? I presume if you just do "find / -print" then that may just access all the directory entries and not access any files?