[edlug] Re: Interesting sound card problem...

On Tuesday 02 Mar 2004 15:39, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   It turns out, as suggested, that this on-board card is simply pants.

This post reminded me of banter concerning a hardware compatability repository
that all this experience was to go in. Was it even in this list?? I searched
the archives but found nada. It's just that I've been working with (what I
think is) some pretty good kit recently[1] and thought I should scribe my
experiences before my mind goes... err... blank...

Andrew.

[1]
Epson Perfection 3200 Photo scanner
Epson Stylus Photo 2100 printer
Gigabyte GA-7N400 PRO2 mobo
Gigabyte GeForce FX5600 DDR 128MB DVI AGP8 graphics
Sony SDM-X73B 17" TFT DVI monitor
and also a 7-in-1 USB card reader

It runs an AMD 3000+ CPU with 1Gig PC3200 RAM
all wrapped up in an exquisite Lian Li PC65 aluminium case
but sadly no SATA nor RAID nor surround sound.
Yet.