Re: [edlug] Interesting sound card problem...

  Thanks to all the people who suggested different things to solve
 my sound card woes.

  It turns out, as suggested, that this on-board card is simply pants.
 It doesn't support mixers and can't be controlled via software.  I've
 disabled it in the BIOS now, and am happily running an old soundblaster
 compatible card.

  Now I can sit in bed and use the remote control to adjust volume
 and control xine/xmms/mozilla without any effort.  A life of luxury
 for me!

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project