Re: [edlug] f-spot

On 30/07/2010 13:40, Andrew Smith wrote:
I've  introduced a laptop user to Ubuntu after the hasrd drive failed. The machine successfully detects an XD card in the slot, but F-Spot seems to have to be deficient, and I need confirmation of my observations:
1. The FAT16 files with a 2010 date are being imported into a 2054 directory.

2. The desire is to move the files off the XD card to the laptop, leaving the card empty for re-use. F-Spot  only appears to do a copy, not a move!

This may be a stupid question, but what's to stop you from going ahead with that copy and then manually deleting the source afterwords?

It may not be quite what you are looking for but the end result is the same, no?