[edlug] f-spot

I've  introduced a laptop user to Ubuntu after the hasrd drive failed. The machine successfully detects an XD card in the slot, but F-Spot seems to have to be deficient, and I need confirmation of my observations:
1. The FAT16 files with a 2010 date are being imported into a 2054 directory.

2. The desire is to move the files off the XD card to the laptop, leaving the card empty for re-use. F-Spot  only appears to do a copy, not a move!

Can anyone comment on the above please. From my own camera, I usually mount the SD card manually and move the images into my own directory structure, where I run a script which uses the reduce program to scale the images to a size more suitable for email attachment.
--
Andrew