[edlug] USB Driver conflict?

After struggling to get my printer working (HP PSC 750) for ages I had an
inspirational thought and realised it wasnt detecing it because the appropriate
usb drive wasnt loaded, duh...

Anyhow the printer is now working but my problem is every time i load the
uhci-hcd module it kills my usb keyboard.

I m totaly stumped as to what to do and i my keyboard is really nice (aluminium
with laptop style keys) so i dont want to have to revert to my old ps2 one.
Anybody have and ideas?

thanks

ck