[edlug] SuSE live eval

Yes, when you first boot it runs through the same basic setup that the SuSE installer uses.
It sets up X how you want it and keyboard layouts and 'net, sound, printing etc. Then having got the settings it boots the computer up further into the default runlevel where everything is active how you set it up to be.

Basically it runs SuSE off the CD. The whole system is identical except for a little slowdown.

Their firewall product runs off a CD only so that the settings cannot be changed etc. so I imagine that the setup is derived from that.

It creates two? files at the root of C: that store settings and it tells you where these are and lets you delete them if you want, but you will have to set everything up again.

--
Alex Wasserman

Whenever I date a guy, I think, is this the man I want my children
to spend their weekends with?
                -- Rita Rudner