Re: [edlug] Review of Live Linux CD's

Yep, I tried SuSE 8.2 live eval and thought it was very good. It saves the prefs on the Windows partition (assuming FAT32 I guess) so when you start it the next time it remembers the settings. All in all I thought it was very smooth and showed what a real SuSE system would be like to use pretty well apart from a little stodginess in the performance due to it running from a CDROM.

Shane

Peter George wrote:

http://www.extremetech.com/print_article/0,3998,a=117223,00.asp

It appears that Knoppix rules.

Has anyone tried a SuSE Live eval cd?

Peter George
Training Manager
Net Resources Ltd, 26 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, EH12 5AL
T: +44 131 477 7127 F: +44 131 477 7126 http://www.netresources.co.uk -