Re: [edlug] ghosting linux images

Wednesday, January 21, 2004, 4:47:02 PM, Gallagher, Kevin wrote:

> Has anyone ever ghosted a linux image? Any recomendations? I am planning on
> rolling out a lab of identically spec'd machines and have begun to think
> about the issues involved. I have used Symantec Ghost v7.5 successfully to
> ghost one PC so far.

I use partimage (www.partimage.org)
works very well on windows/linux ghosting, but doesnt scale well,
could do with multicasting function if anyone is brave enough to take
on the task.

I use it NFS with root-NFS boot kernel on cd/floppy/usb, but I
guess would work over PXE as well.

Best regards,
 Subhi S Hashwa                            mailto:lists@xxx.xxx.xxx