[edlug] xserver ldap su question

I have setup my Redhat Enterprise station to authenticate vi Active
Directory using LDAP, however when I issue "su" I get the following output:
keving@xxx.xxx.xxx(101)% su -
Password:
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out
[root@eurydice root]#

This all takes sometime. For some  reason it doesn't want to look at the
local files for Root although the nsswitch.conf states "passwd:  files
ldap". Any thoughts?
This also seems to be affecting my xserver when I reboot and I have to kill
the process from a ssh session to alow me to logon to the station.

Kevin Gallagher
Network Services Group
C & IT
Ext. 3562