Re: [edlug] Fair queuing

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Stephen Jones wrote:

> Anyone know how I can set an ingress filter for a range of destination
> ports so that the total bandwidth over that range is less than a certain
> amount?

Hello Stephen.

You can do that using a linux box with *two* network interfaces.
Supose a schema like this:

Internet---eth0-LINUX-eth1-----Local Network

You can mark interesting packets on eth0 and apply the queues
on eth1 for managing bandwidth on ingress traffic. Do the reverse
for egress.

See more examples on http://lartc.org

	best regards,