Re: [edlug] Kernel updates..

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 01:36:38PM -0000, deek wrote:

> How easy/difficult is it to change from 2.4 kernel to 2.6?
> is it just a case of "upgrading" or is there a lot more to it?

  Yes it's a case of upgrading!  Are you planning on using packages
 from your distro? Or from source?

  If you build from source you will need to check that you have the
 correct versions of all the software required to build it, these are
 listed in the documentation.

  The only thing I remember having to udpate was "modutils" as this was
 necessary due to the module loading changes.

  There might be a few minor problems with things like mice not working
 due to changes of names of things but in general it should be
 straightforward.

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project